Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Online Dating = Purgatory

I find myself in this odd purgatory, much like a goldfish having to assimilate to a new aquarium by spending time in the safety of a plastic bag from the pet store.

That pretty much sums up online dating to me. Make sense? Allow me to elaborate...

I'm not much of a dater. As one of my best friends recently said: "Your game is that you have no game." True statement. I have no game... If you text me chances are 99% sure that I will text you back within a minute or two... If you call me, I will call you back as soon as I can... If I think you are handsome or cute I will tell you, probably on the first date. I am not good at playing hard to get. If I dig you I dig you, there will be no chase.

According to many of my friends this is my downfall. BUT, here is what I think... If you are in search of a girl that will play games with your head and your heart, I am simply not that girl. So better to move on and go find yourself another kind of crazy, cause this crazy don't mess around.

Where the hell am I going with this? Answer: I forgot.

I have seriously lost my train of thought here folks.

Moral of the story- I feel like a goldfish in a plastic bag, trying to find the right aquarium that won't suffocate the life outta me. One that might have one of those fancy treasure chests and some turquoise stones on the bottom. But what if the right aquarium isn't an aquarium at all- its just a simple lil bowl with brown pebbles on the bottom. Maybe that could work too. Sigh.

You are welcome for this very perplexing post. I am not even going to go back and edit it- talk about a stream of consciousness. I'm sorry and you're welcome and I love you. :)

Over-analysis. Just one of the many services I provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment