Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Conversation & Blow Jobs

I'm one of those gals who's into conversation.
Which is a little like saying I'm one of those guys who's into blow jobs.
Some of the emails I have received on match aren't so shocking in content (don't get me wrong, a lot of them are) but shocking in lack of content. I mean, hello people, I paid $31.95 for one month and I fully intend to find love within those 30 days we so are going to need to speed things up. I was too cheap to spring for the 3 month commitment of $29.95 each month- so I need to realize my $2 over spend was worth it. Let's get crack-a-lackin boys! Here are just a sampling of the emails I have received- I quote them in their entirety.

"How do I get the keys to the castle?"
<I am pretty sure this is a movie line, which if he read my profile he would know I haven't been to a movie theater in 15 years so it is lost on me.If it is not a movie line, then I don't really know where to go from here.>

"You sound fun..."
<You are correct, I am.>

"About me, I work in IT, live in Torrance near Rolling Hills Estates and Palos Verdes, never been married, like films, writing, good wine, good food, good books, hiking."
<Okay, thanks for sharing. I can already see how our first date would go. Enough about me, let's talk about me.>

"I would like to meet for a drink."
<I would like to not be murdered.>

"Thoughts?"
<see  http://matchthesetwins.blogspot.com/ for my thoughts>

"Tell me more about you... I love your laugh"
<I love this one. Simply because I would like to know how he has heard my laugh.>

"Was there instant distrust when you saw my photo?"
<Nailed it.>

I mean seriously guys- strike up a CONVERSATION. It's hard to write back when you give me one line to work with. Anything is better than nothing. Well, as long as you don't make me think you want to kill me. How about "How was your weekend" for the win!

7 comments:

  1. Hey! I've been followeing your blog since you started and just wanted to ask - how often do you get guys emailing you and how often do you initiate the emails?

    I've been on Match just for a couple of weeks now, and while I get a lot of those "winks," not a single dude has initiated an email....so lame.

    I'd rather not email a guy first, but I'm starting to think that's too conventional.

    Looking forward to read more of your Match horror stories (and hopefully a success story :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. On behalf of guys that know how to communicate with women, know what type of women we have business talking to, and like the idea of online dating, thank you for this blog and keep it up. Maybe these morons can learn, and create a better experience for us.

    PS, There's nothing wrong with a woman sending me a wink, and then expecting me to start a conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @riotonanemptyst not gonna lie- I've gotten about 100 emails since starting last week. I have initiated about 2, same with my sister. I think winks are sissy- but so what you gotta do to get attention. Like I said, there are a shit ton of fish in the Match Sea.
    Your profile is key though. You need good pics and a good, funny "about me". Need help? I'm happy to- email us at twinmatch@gmail.com and we can spiff up your profile and in no time those emails will be flooding in! Hang in there friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @CEMK10 thanks guy! You got it right, but stepping out of our comfort zone is a great thing... you never know who will respond. I think the point is to keep the creep factor at a minimum- hey, even we rock it out every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah you're awesome! I'm emailing you now :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodess, I am soo glad I found your blog! I have been on Match since the end of January and it's useless! I am one of those women who DOES take the initiative and email men I find interesting. I try to stay away from saying "Hi, like your profile. Email me." I actually reference things in their profile that we have in common, etc.....annnnd...NOTHING. ZILCH. NADA. I am pretty and have a job and I am stable. I think the biggest issue is that I am single mom. However, I tend to message men who indicated an openness to having children or dating women with children so I don't know that the problem is.
    I have been on 2 dates so far. One guy I am still talking to but he is very flaky. The other did not look like his picture and I wasn't attracted to him. My account is up on April 4th and I will NOT be renewing. But I will continue reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @KJB hang in there darlin... match isn't for everyone that's for damn certain. I swear though, if you have a good "about me" it makes a world of difference. Single mom or not, there is certainly someone out there for you... just gotta make sure you are giving them a chance to get a glimpse of the real you right off the bat. Happy to help if you want to email us at twinmatch@gmail.com we can take a look at it and spiff it up! You still have a few more weeks to at least try to get a laugh or two out of it!

    ReplyDelete