Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Am I here for love or to make you feel better about yourself?

I was talking to my twin the other day about... what else... match.com. This seems to be the theme over the past week. We have both been inundated with winks and emails. There are a lot of people out there looking for love. Supposedly 20,000 people a day join match. Whoa. That's a big pond with a bunch of fishies in it.
I was telling her that some of these guys I have received emails from I feel really bad for. I am aware of how terrible that sounds by the way. Allow me to explain- aka dig myself deeper into the hole...

Some of these guys are class A dorks. There is no two ways about this. Everything about them screams I AM AWKWARD. And I want to help them. Do I want to date them? Um no. But I feel like if they had just a little more self confidence and perhaps a good haircut, that they could really have a shot on here. So I email them back, I respond when they IM me.

My sister and I go on each others profiles to see whats happening and she totally called me out on it when she saw my little pattern.I told her my theory about wanting to help grow their confidence, blah blah blah. She said: WE ARE HERE FOR LOVE, (yes she yelled that) not to try to make guys feel better about themselves. There isn't enough time for that. !!!

I got this email today from my #1 dork project (note after he tried to IM me 4 times this morning):

I wanted to say hi, I am not having a good day at all after I had a chance to talk to my mom this morning to find out that my 8 year old golden retriever got sick yesterday and he had to be taken to emergency, and had to be put to sleep yesterday, I just wish I would have had a chance to see him, it just sucks, I was really close with the dog, and when I heard the news I really couldn't say anything. I was wondering if you maybe wanted to grab dinner and drinks either tonight, tomorrow or thursday, I was thinking it would be really nice to have someone to enjoy dinner and drinks with and thought I how I would really like to take you out. I have no idea what your schedule is like, but if you are going to have either tonight, tomorrow or thursday free, it would be great to have a chance to meet you and have a chance to enjoy a nice dinner with you. Let me know

I blocked him shortly there after. I am here for love.

2 comments:

  1. I love the blog dear. I am a fellow female on the Match.com adventure. Oh do I have stories.

    Know that you are not alone, other women are having the same issues on Match.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sista! Send your stories our way- maybe we can feature a guest blogger one day when we are low on creep stories that week! twinmatch@gmail.com
    Hang in there, we have both actually met some not psycho dudes!

    ReplyDelete